- Submission deadlines are February 1, May 1, August 1, and November 1.
- Requests received after any deadline will be considered in the next quarter.
- Grant decisions are issued quarterly in March, June, September, and December.
Please note: For the remainder of 2017, the Atkinson Foundation will accept applications from organizations with a history of funding from the Foundation in southern Mexico or Central America (see guidelines). All international requests from organizations that are new to the Foundation will be declined. As of January 2018, the Foundation will no longer accept proposals from organizations working internationally. Instead, the Foundation will focus on its long-standing effort to fund organizations addressing community needs in San Mateo County.
Where & What We Support
Proposals will be considered for nonprofit organization in two distinct geographic locations and focus areas:
In San Mateo County serving:
· Children, youth, families
· Immigrants, the elderly and the ill
· Those who are economically at-risk
· People with mental and/or physical disabilities
· Those suffering from drug, alcohol or physical abuse
U.S. organizations serving Southern Mexico & Central America, providing assistance, support, and training for:
· Clean water and sanitation
· Microenterprise and economic development
· Nutrition and food resources
· Health education and family planning