- All grants to nonprofit organizations should provide direct services to the residents of San Mateo County, California.
- The foundation distributes approximately one million in grants each year.
- Most grants range between $5,000 and $15,000.
- Proposal deadlines are as follows: February 1, May 1, August 1 and November 1.
- Grant award decisions are made quarterly by the Board of Directors (usually in March, June, September and December).
- If a proposal has been declined, organizations must wait one year to reapply for funding.
- All grants are one-year grants.
- An applicant will usually not receive more than one grant in a 12-month period.
- An applicant can expect prompt notification once a decision has been reached. Do not hesitate to call the Foundation if you have any questions about the grant making cycle or process.